It is never too early to start helping your child develop a healthy respect for money and to help them develop some good financial habits. Encouraging children at an early age to start saving money can lead to some very good habits and attitudes about money that will help them through their lifetime. As your child grows so should their financial accounts. We’ve developed a suite of products from childhood to adulthood to help your child grow in their financial knowledge.
Junior Savers Club Account™
The Junior Savers Account is a Savings Account designed to teach children and young adults ages 0 to 18 the rewards of saving. The benefits of a Junior Savers Club Account are:
- No minimum balance and no service fees
- A free piggy bank to remind them that it pays to save every little bit!
- Our exclusive "Treat Dollars" gift certificate each time the account balance exceeds its previous high balance by $100
- Junior Savers are eligible for a number of other fun benefits
Many exciting Junior Savers events are planned for the upcoming year, including:
- Back-to-School Celebration
- Halloween Pumpkin Patch
- Santa's Holiday Special
Junior Savers Club Account is an interest bearing account which uses the daily balance method to calculate interest. Interest will be compounded quarterly and credited to your account quarterly.
As your children grow and become responsible young adults, their financial needs grow too. Help them learn more about financial responsibility by selecting some of the products below.
College Checking Account
We designed an account to help young adults handle their finances and provide peace of mind to parents. We call it our “3C” College Account. It offers everything your high school or college student needs for financial security, including a Checking Account and a Cash Card.
Features and Benefits
- FREE Checking Account with no minimum balance and no monthly fee1
- NO ANNUAL FEE ATM or MasterCard debit card2
- Free access to SUM and MoneyPass ATMs in the Chicagoland area 3
- FREE imaged checks with CheckManager Plus®
- FREE 24/7 account access with Online Banking
- FREE Bill Pay or Account Alerts
- A special Automatic Transfer feature so parents won't have to write allowance checks
1Other qualifications and service charges may apply. See bank for details. ²Subject to age and other qualifications. See bank for details. 3Foreign ATM transaction fees may apply.
Accounts that most of our customers like you choose
Mastercard Debit Card
Our MasterCard Debit Card provides the convenience of allowing you to draw from your account without the hassles of writing a check.
Simply use the card to pay for retail transactions wherever MasterCard is accepted. The card will automatically deduct the purchase from your checking account. And that transaction will be recorded on your monthly checking account statement. Now you can replace your current ATM card and checks with one easy-to-use card.
- Features & Benefits
- Direct access to your checking account wherever MasterCard is accepted—9 million merchants and 190 countries worldwide
- No check writing hassles
- No additional identification may be required
- No interest or finance charges apply
- No PIN number needed on signature based transactions
- Can be used instead of an ATM card at SUM and MoneyPass ATMs in the Chicagoland area
- After Hours Toll Free phone number to report your card lost or stolen. Just call 1-800-236-2442 after our normal business hours.
It's Easy To Apply For This Card
Come into any of our convenient bank locations and see one of our friendly Personal Bankers.